Why should you invest in a social media marketing strategy? Read on to find out.
What are the main goals of social media marketing? To expand your brand to a wider audience, and to influence the decision-makers to make favorable decisions and award business to your company. Social media marketing can be a dynamic powerhouse that solidifies branding, creates quality leads, and drives sales. A successful social media marketing strategy is exactly what you need to make your business grow.
Benefits of Social Media Marketing:
- Increased Brand Awareness
- Grow a larger audience
- Connect with your audience better
- Increased website traffic
- Generate more leads
- Make more sales and money
Learn the differences and what types of content work best on each social media platform:
- Linked-In: A professional network that is perfect for a B2B audience. This also includes Linked-In Pulse, a content publishing and distribution platform.
- Facebook: With more than 2.7 billion monthly active users, Facebook is the most popular social media worldwide. This makes it a powerful marketing tool for businesses. This platform is particularly good for news and entertainment-related content. Try joining Facebook groups to connect with your ideal audience.
- Instagram: This platform is perfect for highly visual content. Static images and short videos work incredibly well, but it’s not as good at driving traffic back to your blog.
- TikTok: TikTok is the newest trend in social media with more than With 689 million global active users as of January 2021. TikTok allows brands to engage with users through video, only in shorter, bite-sized clips. Most users are between the ages of 16 and 24.
Focusing your marketing efforts on two to three platforms will give you the best return on your investment. Crafting content unique to each platform is critical.
For example, let’s say your content writer has written a blog about social media marketing. You want to promote that blog on your social channels, but how you craft your post will differ depending on the platform. Writing the copy will get attention and clicks on LinkedIn is different than what works on Facebook, which is also different than what works on Instagram or Twitter.
Businesses trying to achieve successful social media marketing must overcome several common challenges:
- Carving out enough time to dedicate to your channels
- Creating high-performing content
- Properly measuring the resulting metrics
If handled incorrectly, your efforts can tank the plan, and leave you with a big goose egg as a result. One of the biggest mistakes companies frequently make is to choose the person who has the lightest schedule or the cheapest per hour rate. Many people don’t understand the complexities of managing social media, and they just assume the college intern or their teenage niece will do just fine in the role.
A social media manager needs to have a clear understanding of:
- Your company’s brand voice
- The ins and outs of social media strategy
- How to choose content
- Graphic design
- The best way to engage with followers
- Social media analytics
- How to run Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, or Instagram ads
- Your business’s target audience
- Calendar management
- Grammar, spelling, and punctuation
Managing all your business’s social media platforms is a big job, do you really want to leave it up to an unpaid college intern or your teenage niece? Investing your resources in a knowledgeable digital marketing expert or social media manager can help your business grow in all the right ways. Trust us, it’s worth the investment.
Trying to manage your social presence doesn’t have to be hard. Schedule some time and we can chat about how to simplify your social media needs and move your company into the AGE OF NOW!
For more information on our social media services, click below: